Enhance your experience and visit to the area by spending the evening and soaking up more of the local culture. Here are links to various unique accommodations.
- Oak Alley Plantation Restaurant & Inn A tranquil setting in the heart of Plantation Country. The cottages are comfortable and secure in an uncluttered and quiet setting. Encouraging you to use the cottages as your home away from home, offering all the creative comforts of your own home. Easily accessible to the major cities of New Orleans (50 miles) and Baton Rouge (50 miles) for venturing out to tour and see all the surrounding region has to offer. Returning to your own private cottage from a long day of touring, enjoy a restful evening with dinner awaiting your arrival home.
- Cottage on the Farm
The cottage is located on a 50 acre farm with front porch, rockers and swing to enjoy nature, complete with horses and cows, chickens and a pig. Our farm land also includes 2 large crawfish ponds and nearby canals with fresh water fishing. (225)-265-4654 | (504)-289-0923 Vacherie, LA
- The Inn at Houmas House Plantation Each room is decorated with old world furnishings allowing you to experience the lavish lifestyle of the wealthy Sugar Barons of the early 1800's. With all the amenities world class travelers expect today. Breakfast and a tour of the mansion are included. 40136 Hwy. 942, Darrow, LA 70725 - (225) 473-9380
- Palo Alto Plantation A timeless plantation home nestled under a breathtaking canopy of Oak trees, and is the epitome of sweet, southern, Louisiana charm. This home was built in approximately 1847. A Louisiana historical landmark rich in history and architectural beauty. In 1977, the home was listed on the US Department of Interior National Register of Historic Places. This beautifully preserved old plantation home is south of Donaldsonville and is set on the bank of Bayou Lafourche. 1515 Hwy 1 South Donaldsonville, LA 70346
A Chateau on the Bayou Bed & Breakfast
A relaxing stay located on Bayou Lafourche. It offers 4 comfortable guests bedrooms and a full breakfast in the morning. 3158 Hwy. 308 Raceland, LA. 70394 (985) 537-6773 or (985) 413-6773
The Stockade Bed & Breakfast
A large Spanish style hacienda with five comfortable guest bedrooms. Once a civil war stockade, there is still a reminder of the guarded entrance standing near the road. (225) 769-7358 | (888) 900-5430 Baton Rouge, LA
(225) 473-1876 Donaldsonville, LA
- Louisiana Bed & Breakfast Association The state's only on-line directory of bed & breakfasts - a great way to experience Louisiana and its famous southern hospitality.