We value all of our visitors and understand how the process of planning a group's itinerary can be complicated and overwhelming. The information below is intended to help ensure your group's visit to Oak Alley is easy and effortless and that everyone leaves with an enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Groups should arrive to the plantation 20 minutes prior to scheduled house visit to ensure there is enough time for check in, restroom use, and walking time to the exhibit.
- The group leader or escort must check in at the Ticket Booth upon arrival to confirm guest count and receive admission tickets. Please instruct your group to remain on the bus while check in is completed.
- Time for the visit of the “Big House” exhibit will be assigned upon making a group reservation and the printed on the visitors’ tickets. Visitors should arrive to the house exhibit 10 minutes prior to scheduled time. If the group leader or escort is interested in participating in the visit of the "Big House" exhibit, please inform the ticket attendant upon arrival. If space is available, we will assign the tour time for the group leader at that time.
- Visitor count will be confirmed & guaranteed 7 days prior to the visit. No refunds will be issued after that time as these spaces are being held specifically for your group. If there is an increase in guest count, please contact us for availability before confirming additional guest(s).
- If your group is running late for any reason, please call 225-265-2151 as soon as possible to speak to adjust scheduled times for the guided visit. Please note that if guided visits of the house are sold out and we are unable to accommodate changes, this portion of the experience will not be available and refunds will not be issued.
- The plantation experience is much more than just the guided visit of the “Big House” exhibit. Please allow a minimum of 2 hours for the full plantation experience which includes several different exhibits and interest points that share the plantation’s history.
- Translation of the narrative provided during the guided visit of the "Big House" exhibit WILL NOT be allowed if other visitors are assigned to the same time as your group.
- To protect the objects in the mansion and the safety of other visitors, photography is not allowed inside this exhibit. Indoor photography can be disruptive to operations, may damage artifacts and restricts access to entrances/exits, doorways, and high traffic areas. We continue to encourage photography outdoors and throughout the grounds of Oak Alley Plantation.
- It is your responsibility to prepare your group with appropriate rain gear in the case of inclement weather.
- Wear comfortable shoes and come prepared for walking throughout the historic site.
- It is recommended that visitors with mobility difficulties come prepared with their own assistive devices (ex: wheelchairs, scooters, etc) as Oak Alley does not have devices available on site and there are no handicap shuttles available.
- For those guests that are unable to climb stairs, an iPad tour is available in the media room of the “Big House” exhibit. Please note that due to limited seating we ask that this be reserved for guests who are unable to make it up to the second floor.
- Electronic devices must be turned off and cell phones muted while inside the “Big House” exhibit.
For more information on tips for visiting, please visit: Tips for Visiting
- Buses are permitted to stop and unload passengers in the designated area located on the map.
- Passengers will disembark the bus once the group leader has completed check in at the ticket booth.
- Buses are to obey all speedlimits to avoid throwing rocks or dusk in parking area.
- Passengers will embark at the designated bus parking only (the unloading zone is for unloading ONLY).