Historic Grounds, Gardens & Exhibits are open to the public with safety protocols in place for the protection of staff and visitors.
Health Safety Protocols & Guidelines
Your safety and the safety of our staff is paramount as we continue to remain open to the public.
- Social Distancing: We ask guests to maintain 6-feet of social distancing. Markings and signs will assist with this effort. "Big House" visits will be limited to a smaller number of visitors per visit (visits begin approximately every 30 minutes).
- Face Coverings: Face coverings are required upon entry to the grounds. Visitors and staff will be required to wear face coverings when indoors and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained. Oak Alley Foundation requires that all guests over the age of 8 wear face coverings but encourage all guests to do so. If guests are maintaining social distance while exploring the historic grounds, face coverings are not required.
- Hand Sanitizer: We have installed hand sanitizer stations around the historic grounds as well as signage promoting proper hygiene.
- Enhanced Cleaning: Oak Alley’s staff will provide regular enhanced cleaning in high touch areas throughout the day.
- Be prepared for walking throughout the historic grounds. It is recommended that visitors with mobility difficulties come prepared with their own assistive devices (i.e. wheelchairs, walkers).
- Efforts to engage in touchless procedures are implemented at this time. All transactions are credit card only and grounds maps and other brochures will not be given at this time. Visitors are encouraged to download the grounds map to their device prior to or upon arrival and take a photograph of the map sign upon entering.
- For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing, written material is available. Please ask our staff for materials during your visit.
- Strollers: Strollers are welcome on the historic site but cannot be taken inside the "Big House" exhibit. Strollers may be parked outside of the exhibit prior to your tour. Strollers are permitted in all other exhibits.