We value all of our visitors and understand how the process of planning a group's itinerary can be complicated and overwhelming. The information below is intended to help ensure your group's visit to Oak Alley is easy and effortless and that everyone leaves with an enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Please arrive no later than 20 minutes prior to any scheduled activity at Oak Alley to ensure time for restroom facilities and the check in process.
- The group Leader or escort must check in at the Ticket Booth upon arrival. Please instruct your group to remain on the bus while check in is completed. During that time we will have a staff member greet the group and give them a brief summary of what to expect during their visit with us.
- Be sure to give an accurate guest count for tickets. It is your responsibility to make sure the count is correct and does not include the escort or driver prior to finalizing the group sale. All sales are final.
- Please note that groups are not given or guaranteed access time to the mansion exhibit. All visitors join the line at the mansion as with any other exhibits for the individualized experience. Visits of the mansion enter approximately every 10 minutes.
- The plantation experience is more than just the "Big House". Other exhibits and highlighted points of interest share the plantation's history so be sure to allow a minimum of 2 hours for the plantation experience.
- Photography for personal use is permitted throughout the property with the exception of inside the mansion.
- Oak Alley Plantation provides Visitor Maps in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Danish, Russian and Italian. Please notify us of specific languages when making your reservation or upon arrival.
- Oak Alley Plantation also provides written translations of the "Big House" experience in English (hearing impaired), French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Danish, Russian and Italian. You may secure these for your group when you arrive for the mansion exhibit.
**NOTE: Due to implementation of safeguards for COVID-19, Visitor Maps and written translations are currently unavailalbe in order to limit the spread of germs. In addition, we will be limiting the number of guests allowed in each visit of the mansion in order to encourage social distancing.
For more information on tips for visiting, please visit: Tips for Visiting
- Buses are permitted to stop and unload passengers in the designated area located on the map.
- Passengers will disembark the bus once the group leader has completed check in at the ticket booth.
- Buses are not permitted to idle in excess of 10 minutes in any location.
- Buses are to obey all speedlimits to avoid throwing rocks or dusk in parking area.
- Passengers will embark at the designated bus parking only (the unloading zone is for unloading only).